Local Communities have been given new powers under the Locality Act (2011) to influence and control the development proposals and planning policies in their area.
The Plan has a legal status and must be taken into account when planning proposals are being decided.
- Direct where new homes, shops and workplaces can be built and their type and design quality.
- Identify and protect important local green spaces and the environment as a whole.
- Provide a shared vision for the community.
- It must conform with the strategic policies in Herefordshire Core Strategy 2011-2031
- Be appropriate in planning terms which will be assessed by a detailed examination in public
- Be supported by the public which will be tested in a final referendum and only have legal force if a majority of those voting support it.
For More Information
The following provide short, good guides to Neighbourhood Planning: