For Kington and surrounding parishes to be a vibrant, safe and caring community where residents enjoy living and working and feel valued, with a sustainable local economy and a high quality environment.
To achieve this we will need:
- houses that local people, both young and old, can afford and enjoy
- new homes that are built in manageable numbers and are appropriate for the community and designed to add to the beauty of our town and countryside
- existing businesses sustained and new employment opportunities fostered so that more of us can work in or near where we live.
- local facilities and services – health, fire, school, pubs, shops, village halls, sport and leisure spaces – that are enhanced and well maintained
- the retail heart of Kington strengthened and shopping on the High Street made a pleasure.
- roads, paths and cycle-ways are safe and pavements, drains, and other parts of the infrastructure are kept in good condition
- new residents are welcomed into our communities
- community spirit and involvement is actively encouraged and reflected in a Plan that allows us to control the future of the Kington area.